FOUNDER & CONSULTANT – BS Strategy, Los Angeles CA (2021-present)
Consulting firm supporting health-related initiatives and organizations that improve the health of individuals and their communities.
- Speaker, executive wellness coach and educator facilitating conversations around health, access, social justice, advocacy, and innovation.
- Partners with entrepreneurs and investors to support the creation, funding, and growth of health-related organizations.
- Expertise in relationship building, strategic planning, creating playbooks, due diligence, brainstorming, and study design.
- Identifies areas of unmet need and performs in-depth market research to support strategic recommendations.
DIRECTOR, CROSSIX ANALYTICS SERVICES – Veeva Systems, New York NY (1/2020-11/2021)
Health-focused technology group within Veeva dedicated to advancing healthcare marketing with analytics and innovative planning, targeting, measurement, and optimization solutions.
- Leveraged advanced analytics to help life science brands maximize the impact of their $100M+ marketing budgets.
- Drove market effectiveness with access to the health, health-adjacent (SDOH), and marketing data of 300M+ patients.
- Mentored, grew, and managed a delivery team that achieved a 100% client renewal rate and significant deal growth.
- Veeva Pride Community Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Committee Chair
PRINCIPAL, LIFE SCIENCES – HealthVerity, Philadelphia PA (2018-2019)
Healthtech startup focused on the discovery, licensing and linkage of data.
- Managed partnerships that developed innovative data exchanges and streamlined patient management systems.
- Curated novel data sets, including enterprise-generated and industry-leading health and SDOH patient-level data sources.
- Led business development, sales, and execution on a multi-million dollar client portfolio, driving all stages of opportunity development.
DIRECTOR, ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – GNS Healthcare, Cambridge MA (2016-2018)
Big data analytics startup focused on applications of artificial intelligence and machine learning (ML) in healthcare.
- Developed partnerships that applied AI and machine learning to accelerate therapeutic development and commercialization for life science companies and optimize patient care for healthcare providers and payers.
- Identified opportunities, created proposals, and led the deployment of advanced analytics solutions in a multi-million dollar portfolio.
- Member of the extended executive team; supported Series C fundraising, investor, and board meetings.
- Devised successful implementation and management plans, prepared forecast reports and managed key sales performance metrics.
MANAGER, BD STRATEGY & RESEARCH SCIENTIST – Precision Health Economics [now PrecisionHEOR], Los Angeles CA (2015-2016)
Research consulting group focused on the economic and social value of treatments and care delivery.
- Quantified the economic and social value of interventions, value-based care, policy initiatives, and patient advocacy.
- Generated evidence to support the use and reimbursement of therapeutics, services and devices.
- Created and implemented BD and go-to-market strategies for sales, marketing and operations teams.
SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE – Mapi Group [now ICON plc], Boston MA (2012-2015)
Consulting group focused on patient-centred health outcomes research and commercialization.
- Generated evidence to support the approval and reimbursement of therapeutics and devices.
- Led HEOR and SMA research projects conducted for pharmaceutical and biotech clients, proposed and negotiated project contracts, budgets and timelines.
- Managed multidisciplinary, multinational project teams from study inception through completion, including proposal development and the dissemination of study results.
- Developed and advanced methods for demonstrating drug value, safety and effectiveness, HEOR studies, and economic evaluations.
- Developed and disseminated scientifically sound value stories to a variety of healthcare stakeholders.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT – McGill University, Department of Epidemiology and Sociology, Montreal QC (2010-2012)
Research funded by the Canadian Institute of Health Research & Canada Foundation for Innovation.
- Conducted extensive reviews of government healthcare legislation and reports.
- Develop a standardized international research database capturing the healthcare policies of Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries.
- Quantified the health policies and insurance schemes of OECD countries over 20 years, focusing on social inequalities and barriers to healthcare access.
- Analyzed the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of private and publicly funded healthcare services.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT • Centre for Clinical Epidemiology, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal QC (2010-2012)
Research funded by the Canadian Institute of Health Research.
- Wrote grants, protocols and publications for epidemiological studies focused on infectious diseases in immigrant and high-risk populations
- Managed and led collaborative projects between physicians, statisticians, and other researchers.
- Developed standardized manuals and protocol guides for the Canadian Network for Observational Drug Effect Studies (CNODES) research group.
- Conducted advanced statistical analyses such as multivariate analyses, survival analyses, and conditional logistic regressions.
- Organized, cleaned, and analyzed data from large databases such as the UK Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD) database.
LAB MANAGER & RESEARCH ANALYST • Arkansas Bioscience Institute, Jonesboro AR (2009- 2010)
Research funded by the U.S. Department of Defense & National Institute of Health.
- Coordinated projects involving military contractors, academic researchers, clinicians and policymakers.
- Mentored and supervised undergraduate and high school students.
- Managed budgets, contracts, grants and other research-related documents for laboratory and animal projects funded by the US Military and Defense budget and the NIH.
- Led research projects in the fields of neuroscience, nanotechnology, analytical chemistry, and toxicology
- Social Justice Partners Los Angeles (SJPLA) – Partner, Accelerator Coach, Bylaw Committee (2021-present)
- Eat Move Meditate – Board member (2022-present)
- 17 Asset Management – U.N. SDG-aligned Asset Management Sustainable Investing Fellow (2002)
- Coyote Ventures – Women’s Health & Wellness Venture Fellow (2022)